We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Add some skills for this category
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
Testing Operations Manager - Jaipur or Karnal
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual with the ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary breeding team. The Testing Operations Manager partners with the on site Breeders to support individual program needs and work priorities to ensure that they are accomplished. The incumbent will maintain site responsibility partnerships to ensure efficient work flow and work load balancing.
The Testing Operations Manager is responsible for all day-to-day operations of the testing program as well as the general operations of a multifunctional research site. This individual is critical to research implementation and will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge proprietary field research equipment, superior genetic material, and help drive large yield testing programs.
• Ensure that site staff is trained in all ESH procedures, regulatory and compliance protocols, and business conduct protocols.
• Acquire and maintain facilities and equipment for effective and efficient functioning of all programs.
• Participate in the hiring and supervision of program support staff.
• Process hybrid seed for Monsanto Testing and packet and set up Pre-Commercial experiments as required.
Administer the recruiting, training, development and retention of personnel
• Manage station budget.
• Develop plan & execute all Pre commercial hybrid testing trials using scientific experimental designs, ensure commercialization of new products and technologies.
·Ensure precise data collection, its analysis & updates in enterprise system, ensure clear presentation of the results along with recommendations on product advancement
·Bridge closely with the Breeders; TD & Sales teams to ensure that the correct products are being tested as per season/segment and that all trial work is being conducted and managed in a consistent, structured and clearly documented manner in line with good scientific principles and company wide testing directives.
• BS/MS in Plant Breeding, Agronomy or related field of study and 8+ years of experience in an agricultural-related position.
• Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices.
• Experience with farm equipment operation and repair.
• Team leadership and supervisory experience
• Class A CDL or have the ability to obtain one.
• The ability to lift 40 lbs.
• The ability to past a DOT physical and drug test
• Strong computer skills related to data acquisition, organization, and data analysis.
• MS in Plant Breeding, Agronomy or related field of study with 3+ years of significant experience in an agricultural-related research position.
a Good level of field Agronomy knowledge to be able to drive geography level decision making based on data.
b. Good working knowledge of statistics & experimental designs
c. Strong computer skills related to data collection, organization, and data analysis
d. Strong Results orientation
e. Customer centricity
f. Critical thinking about the business
a. Develop strong relationships and networks
b. Ability to work effectively in teams and collaborate across teams
c. Ability to navigate in a matrix structure
d. Ability to interact with farmers and external stakeholders
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More