We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
Regional Automation Engineer
We have an immediate opening for a highly motivated Regional Automation Engineer to join our site team in Grinnell, IA. Regional Automation engineers are site based and provide ongoing support for the multiple seed production facilities in their region. The scope of the role includes maintaining & improving our existing control systems, ensuring equipment reliability, on stream time, seed quality, and safety of the seed manufacturing production operations.
The Automation Engineer will maintain a strong relationship with the Regional Process Engineers, Site Leads, Production Leads and Managers, and other site personnel at all assigned production facilities to resolve production challenges. The successful candidate will need to be able to adapt quickly to changes in our business, face new challenges and opportunities and leverage the talents, skills and resources of team members and peers.
- Ability to conceive, design, install, start-up and commission smaller scale automation/control improvement projects and support larger scale capital projects implemented at sites.
- Lead and drive PLC, HMI programming and IT management efforts at sites.
- Grow and design of company core logic, standard HMI logic, IT process control network, and GPS systems and other field equipment.
- Become expert with site’s production and control system needs and provide technical support - Monitor/trend, identify, and develop solutions to control system.
- Learn critical process equipment in order to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with other automation engineers to ensure strong network and alignment on approaches and standardized systems
- Associate's Degree and 2+ years experience OR a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- Knowledgeable in computing systems, control system hardware including instrumentation PLC and HMI equipment
- Ability to lead, manage, and develop teams
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while exhibiting situational judgment
- Seasonality of the business will require longer hours during certain times throughout the year
- Average travel required is 30% and up to 50% during busy periods
- Preferred BS in Electrical Engineering, Automation Engineering or Agriculture Engineering
- Experience in agriculture and/or manufacturing environment
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More