Sales Representative (Vegetables)
Apply Now Apply Later Req ID 01VHF Date posted 02/05/2019
Apply Now Apply Later
It entails meeting business goals and working to achieve long term growth of Seminis and DeRuiter products in vegetable farming segments in South Africa by being a key member of the sales team that will drive the growth of Monsanto’s business in South Africa.
Specific role responsibility
- Provide agronomic support & advice to the customers, distribution reps and prospect clients.
- Follow up on growers and plant raisers (visits, calls) and trials
- Prepare the plan visits in line with the Operational plan
- Strategically plan activities to generate demand for Seminis and DeRuiter products. Research and understand the needs of the customer, plan sales activities to increase sales and market share.
- Support and feedback to sales manager as well as to technical development in sales area.
- Uses competitive/marketing insights to challenge the customer using different available tools/materials.
- Closes sales/obtain the buying commitment from the grower.
- Building the Seminis and DeRuiter brands in sales area.
- Account planning through use of salesforce.com
- Coach and support farmers and distribution reps on product management to ensure they succeed.
- Provide after-the-sale customer service that increases customer loyalty.
- Plan and deliver presentations to customers and potential customers that help increase sales in the sales area.
- Allocates and utilizes available resources to maximize return on short-term and long-term strategic plan for sales area.
- Actively contributes to analyze local market needs and suggest changes or improvements to distribution strategy and farmer segmentation.
- Maintain and develop relationship with the customer’s full accountabilities of timeous payments of key accounts.
- Contribute, implement and follow-up as per Monsanto’s guidance and compliance (Business conduct, FCPA, Pledge, ESH Policy)
- Provide Monsanto with the necessary market intelligence required for commercial success.
- Setting PCM4 and demo trials / follow up trial execution at grower level to create product awareness that best fit customer needs.
- Populate/Maintain customer data base in Salesforce.com
- Provides demand forecast visibility in IBP
- Attending necessary business demands in terms of meetings and calls (IBP, S&OP, OFA, FC, Inventory, Budget)
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or related field
- A master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Work Experience: 5+ years’ sales/account management experience, with at least 3 years in the agricultural industry.
Special Skills: Personal skills
- Results oriented
- Customer oriented
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Building of strong customer relations
- Enjoys working in a team
- Able to work with autonomy and willing to travel intensively
- Able to prioritize
- Assertive and takes initiative to make things happen
- Technical skills
- Valid driver’s license and experience (minimum 5 years)
- Good command of English language
- Data analytics will be highly essential
- Computer literacy essential and good knowledge of MS Office.
- Customer Interface Account Specialist - Native Dutch Speaker Amsterdam, North Holland
- ESH coordinator Nagyigmánd, Komárom-Esztergom
- Territory Manager - Sales (Allahabad - Veg Div)