We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
We are seeking a motivated Seed Technology Scientist based in Enkhuizen, the Netherlands.
- Develop and implement new technologies that enhance Seed Quality with a primary focus on Seed Treatments [technology development and IP]
- Investigate, optimize and develop seed treatments based on innovative microbial and natural products. [scientific expertise]
- Co-develop and Implement new seed treatment formulation technologies at laboratory scale for in-house and field level testing with collaborators [scientific expertise]
- Have responsibility for understanding and designing of novel physiological and physical principles in seed germination [scientific expertise]
- Maintain and expand the Monsanto seed technology network, engineering, production research, as well as develop and maintain a scientific network [global networking]
- Translate market requirements into long and midterm project goals [project acquisition] - Represent Monsanto Vegetables in external projects with universities, research institutes and companies [representation]
- Responsible for statistical analyses of results obtained in internal and external projects and subsequent decision making, including oral and written communications [project management]
- Actively participates in Monsanto ESH Program [safety]
- Functional and technical proficiency in seed technology or other related agriculture experience.
- Result oriented leadership capability.
- Excellent communications skills in English, both oral and in writing, including the capability to clearly present information and influence or persuade others through oral or written communications.
- Decision making and problem solving skills. Capability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Capacity to working with people and lead people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitments to achieve goals and project objectives jointly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced global and multi-cultural vegetable seed company.
- Use of statistical analysis in problem solving and decision making.
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More
- Customer Interface Account Specialist - Native Dutch Speaker Amsterdam, North Holland
- ESH coordinator Nagyigmánd, Komárom-Esztergom
- Territory Manager - Sales (Allahabad - Veg Div)