Apply Now Apply Later Req ID 01UTU Date posted 11/29/2018
Apply Now Apply Later
Bayer is seeking a dedicated, highly motivated, career-oriented Administrative Assistant to join our growing team. As an administrative assistant, you should have the ability to perform a wide variety of administrative support tasks with minimal supervision, including assisting in all phases of seed production and logistics, as assigned. This position reports to Production Lead in Clarion, Iowa.
We are seeking an individual that has the ability to balance a variety of support needs for multiple managers who may have different objectives. A high level of integrity is required as the successful candidate will be exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Provide administrative assistance for all phases of seed production and logistics as assigned
- Logistics – load planning, scheduling, and communication with customers
- Complete computer-based tasks and duties using SAP, TMS, and other software
- Handling grower contracts, pricing, weigh tickets and inventory documents
- Data entry and maintenance
- Perform accounts payable duties: coding accounts appropriately, providing backup support to administrative assistants and the logistics coordinator, enter and forward invoices to ensure timely payment and accurate accounting
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system
- Perform general clerical duties including but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, courier/mailing, and filing
- Assist with company sponsored safety, quality, cost, and reliability initiatives
- Perform other duties as required
Required Skills / Experiences:
- Minimum education of a high school diploma or GED is required, Associate or Bachelors degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working as an administrative professional
- Proficient computer skills - Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Demonstrated decision-making, problem solving and team building skills
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize
- High attention to detail
- Ability to network and work with teams outside our office
- Willingness to work overtime as required during peak seasons
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in agriculture, logistics, or related field
- Prior experience with logistics and transportation services
- Knowledge of SAP software
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing processes
- Demonstrate a process improvement mindset
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.