We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Add some skills for this category
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
We are seeking a motivated Engineering Intern who is passionate about automation and excited to jump in, learn fast, and make a difference. This position will be located in Champaign, IL at the Bayer Crop Sciences Innovation Center.
Opportunities for this assignment include a Spring (end of January to early May of 2019) and/or Summer Internship (mid-May to end of July 2019).
This position will collaborate closely with team members (onsite and remote). Internships in the past have included exploration of robotics, safety enhancements to existing products, and research and implementation of proofs of concept. Some of the projects may involve the following responsibilities:
- Design, implementation, and/or testing of devices including, but not limited to controllers, programming, UAVs, circuits, etc.
- Analyze equipment trends, historical data, and field data to recommend and justify improvements to obtain lowest life cycle cost on equipment.
- Safety improvements to utilized machinery
- Maintain awareness of potential hazards and comply with safety rules and regulations while working in a fast-paced environment with automation
- Current enrollment at the University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana pursuing a B.S. or M.S. Engineering degree
- Strong computer skills, especially related to design and data analysis
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with team members at various levels in a professional manner, contribute ideas, and seek resolution to issues that may arise
- Demonstrated problem solving, planning and time management skills
- Capability to learn quickly and a willingness to ask questions
- Willing to work "hands on" with machinery
- Able to work 10-20 hours per week if interning during the semester; able to work 40 hours per week if interning during the summer
- Experience or familiarity with controls and automation
- Proficiency in the creation of technical documentation
- SolidWorks experience
- CAD design experience
- Experience or familiarity with reliability and maintenance concepts
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More