We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
We are seeking a motivated Data Scientist. This position will be located in Champaign, IL at the Bayer Crop Sciences Innovation Center.
This position will utilize new technologies and collaborate closely with team members and partners within the business. Data Science roles in the past have specified into Image Science, Operations Reserch, Data Visualization, Genomics, Geospatial and other disciplines. Opportunities for this assignment include a Spring (end of January to early May of 2019) and/or Summer Internship (mid-May to end of July 2019).
Key responsibilities may involve, but may not be limited to:
- Build and validate predictive models incorporating key breeding data, soil, weather, and environmental data
- Demonstrate the application of the models and deploy them to stakeholders
- Advanced degree MS/PhD student in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, or Computational Biology
- Proficiency in Machine Learning and Statistics algorithms and concepts (Mixed Models, Random Forest, Deep Learning, SVM, etc.)
- Strong programming skills in R, Python, SQL, Java or Linux
- Experience with cloud computing such as Hadoop and Spark
- Problem solving ability and experience in analyzing and presenting complex data
- Organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains, and become conversant in the domain with subject matter experts
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to work independently
- Ability to actively engage with internal partners and external collaborators to align strategies and success measures in analytics
- Able to work 10-20 hours per week if interning during the semester; able to work 40 hours per week if interning during the summer
- Must be registered and currently enrolled at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Willingness to extend own data science and statistical interests to agriculture and/or experience working with agricultural/biological scientific data
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More