We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
We are seeking a motivated Computer Scientist/Software Engineer. This position will be located in Champaign, IL at the Bayer Crop Sciences Innovation Center.
This position will explore new technologies and collaborate closely with team members and partners within the business. Internships in the past have explored Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), User Experience (UX), and User Interface (UI). Opportunities for this assignment include a Spring (end of January to early May of 2019) and/or Summer Internship (mid-May to end of July 2019).
- Experience with computer vision and marker tracking
- Experience creating performant APIs
- Database experience with both relational database management systems as well as nosql and you know when to use each
- Proficient with GitHub and understanding the benefits of source control
- Proficient with several aspects of the software development process (planning, testing, development, performance optimization, refactoring, debugging, production support)
- Able to work 10-20 hours per week if interning during the semester; able to work 40 hours per week if interning during the summer.
- Must be registered and currently enrolled at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Experience with 3D modeling software such as Blender
- Experience with Unity 3D, Unreal, or another 3D gaming engine
- UX interest/background
- Experience designing games or game-like experiences
- You can speak to what has and hasn't worked in the AR space
- Knowledge of the HoloLens SDK
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More