Continuous Improvement Specialist (MPS)
This position will provide overall coordination of our Production System implementation and sustainability at the Boone, IA site by working closely with the Site Leadership Team and various cross-functional teams, ensuring systems are used to drive opportunities and one common standard through employee empowerment and a focus on customer needs.
- Understanding of Production Systems implementation methodology, lean content and change management approach to successfully sustain Production Systems implementation at site
- Ensure adequate and timely communication at sites
- Ensure adequate training of site personnel
- Act as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) in lean practices and facilitate the continuous improvement journey at the site
- Review continuous improvement opportunities with Implementation Task Force (ITF) and Site Steering Committee (SSC) to be implemented to focus on full benefit of employees and business
- Coach / guide the team to ensure the recommendations and actions are followed to improve value for the site as issues and problems are fully visible to site leadership team
- Develop and review site key performance indicators that provide a clear tracking system on manufacturing performance and drive action
- Provide oversight of processes related to product quality in cooperation with seed production management and other stakeholders including but not limited to the Monsanto Global Quality & Compliance Assurance and Control teams
- Lead Quality initiatives broadly and build a culture to maintain a healthy Quality Management System (QMS)
- Champion the development, implementation, and improvement of QMS and its performance
- Ensure quality processes that support customer centricity and a premium product delivered to the marketplace in partnership with seed production management, engineering, innovations, & IT
- Lean Manufacturing Essentials, ESH & Quality Governance: Champions manufacturing fundamentals core values and integrates multiple disciplines, processes, and teams throughout the business. Creates a learning and empowering environment that prioritizes site values and employee ownership of work processes
- Operational Excellence Strategy: Pursues an integrated supply chain, understands the gains derived from implementing world class manufacturing techniques and has a long-term vision and strategy of improving the operation and the tenacity to ‘stay the course”
- Delivering Supply Chain - One Team vision: Identifies and delivers on opportunities to drive value through improved alignment across business functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in agriculture, engineering disciplines, supply chain, business, management or any related field
- 2 or more years of experience in manufacturing and or seed agricultural industry
- Experience in leading and developing teams
- Coaching / mentoring group facilitation skills
- Valid Driver's License
- Full accountability to MPS implementation and sustainability at site level
- Lean, Six Sigma, 5S experience
- Master Planning Knowledge- build capability and deliver results
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
Jobs Nearest to You
- RTV Soja Intacta (Goiânia) São Paulo, Brazil
- Environmental, Health & Safety Technician Oxnard, California
- Military Veteran Seed Technician -Ashton, IL (Multiple Opportunities) Ashton, Illinois