We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Add some skills for this category
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
- Drive breeding strategy in terms of designing breeding schemes and implementing new state of the art technologies
- Management of significant budgets to achieve the above
- Become an active member of EME breeding leadership team providing inputs into other crops
- Strong interaction with commercial, supply chain and regulatory functions to drive a successful business
- Interact and contribute to our Global breeding efforts and strategy. There is a strong expectation to the successful candidate will engage with other regions, crops and our global technology centers
- Representation of Bayer breeding at industry meetings
- Continue to develop external relationships with research institutes and universities
PhD in agriculture /biology/ genetics and/or plant breeding, with at least 10 years’ experience
Knowledge in Genetics, molecular biology, Plant Breeding, Statistics, Bioinformatics
Prover track record in the leadership of projects and personnel (direct reports)
Proven track record for collaboration across multiple teams and functions
Strong skills in data management and proficiency in statistics
Fluent in English
Fluent in French
Experience in OSR breeding
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More