We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
- Provide leadership and conduct analysis of high-dimensional and multiple-layered experimental data such as genotypes, phenotypes and pedigrees across vegetable crops.
- Improve process efficiencies, teach statistical concepts, and lead projects for increased precision and testing efficiency in collaboration with a cross-functional group of Geneticists, Pathologists, and Breeders to enable native trait development and accelerate genetic gain.
- Support data capture and utilization through liaising with enterprise and pipeline IT in the roll out of data automation and visualization tools for data-based trait discovery, hybrid development and product advancement decisions.
- Bring expertise to predictive breeding working groups, compute genomic prediction models and establish integrated breeding workflows to expedite genomic selection in selected vegetable crops.
- M.S. with five years of experience, or Ph.D. in Statistics, Plant Breeding, Biometrics, Quantitative Genetics or related field.
- Expertise in wide range of statistical techniques including, but not limited to experimental design, (non-) linear mixed models, multivariate statistics, non-parametric analysis, (G)BLUP methodology and Bayesian statistics.
- Experience in conducting (multi-environment, agricultural) field research and analyzing data, in addition to experience in genome-wide association and kinship studies.
- Strong people and communication skills: demonstrated to be a great team player. Ability to influence key stakeholders, work and communicate effectively across functions, i.e. with a diverse group with scientists and non-scientists to accomplish goals.
- Two to three years of experience in data analysis, consulting and problem solving in an agronomic or breeding environment.
- Strong computational background (programming skills in for example R, R shiny, Python, Clojure, MATLAB and or SAS) and skills in data mining. Extensive knowledge of APIs, AWS and Google cloud computing. Dmonstrated compliance with code sharing and governance practices.
- Practiced presenting, teaching and engaging with geographically distant partners to align and execute on best practice to obtain superior results.
- Experienced in applying predictive breeding theory to create opportunities and applications to commercial vegetable breeding programs.
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More
- Customer Interface Account Specialist - Native Dutch Speaker Amsterdam, North Holland
- ESH coordinator Nagyigmánd, Komárom-Esztergom
- Territory Manager - Sales (Allahabad - Veg Div)