Quality, Compliance & Continuous Improvement Manager
The North America Product Supply Organization at Bayer is seeking a highly motivated Quality, Compliance & Continuous Improvement Manager. This position will lead and coordinate Quality, Stewardship, Compliance, and Continuous Improvement processes/programs, including but not limited to, implementation of Bayer Production System (MPS) in Bayer’s NA Row Crop Supply Chain. The successful candidate will implement and sustain these programs at the site level, driving success through continuous improvements using Lean practices as cultural changes are taking place. The role will coordinate Quality, Stewardship, Continuous Improvement/MPS by working closely with STL and site matrix teams.
- Understanding of Bayer Quality, QMS, Stewardship Compliance, Continuous Improvement, MPS implementation methodology, Lean content and change management approach to successfully sustain Quality/Compliance and Continuous Improvement/MPS implementation at site. Network across other sites/crops/businesses, recommending best practices and articulating value to business – coach/guide for on-site follow through and results on-site Ensure adequate training and competency evaluation of site personnel
- Develop, review, facilitate site key performance indicators which provide a clear tracking system on manufacturing performance/quality/compliance and drive action focused on maintenance and sustainability of Continuous Improvement and Quality systems
- Ensure both change and risk management requirements and tools are being addressed/utilized and coordinate efforts to implement and sustain continuous improvement and quality standards
- Lead very strong Quality, Compliance and Continuous Improvement culture - both plant and field
- Drive/facilitate/engage with appropriate on-site communication and networks – providing process oversight across Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Lean practices after the initial MPS implementation and facilitate the continuous improvement journey at the site
- Guide Site Responsible Researchers (SRRs), ISO technicians, and all personnel as necessary to conduct audits, gain all external certifications and accreditations and assure adherence to Quality and Compliance policies, processes, and requirements.
- Ensure Quality and Continuous Improvement efforts support customer centricity and a premium product delivered to the marketplace in partnership with seed production management, engineering, innovations, & IT
- B.S/B.A degree in agriculture, engineering disciplines, supply chain, business, management or any related field
- At least 4 years experience in manufacturing and or seed agricultural
- Experience in leading, developing, and influencing. Coaching / mentoring group facilitation skills
- Skilled at leading, managing conflict and negotiating with cross-functional teams
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
- EME – Procurement Finance Analyst 12 months contract (maternity cover) Budapest, Budapest
- Seed Technician - Matthews, MO (Multiple Opportunities) Matthews, Missouri
- Process Engineer Muscatine, Iowa