We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Level: All
What does it take to be successful here? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Embraces Inclusion & Diversity
- Entrepreneurial Aptitude
- Driven & Organized
- Working in a Matrix
Who We Are
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.Learn More
Monsanto offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as other exciting rewards.
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision):
Monsanto offers a Health and Insurance Benefits Program that allows you to tailor your own benefits package.
Paid time off:
We believe we can all be more effective individuals if there's a proper balance among the various demands of work, family and life.
Internal and external seminars and conferences are available to increase your technical, professional and managerial skills.
We provide you an opportunity to save up to 25% of your eligible pay in a personal savings program to which Monsanto also contributes.
Variety and Collaboration:
Opportunities to participate in varied types of projects and get new experiences from partnerships with many organizations within Monsanto.
- PhD or PhD completion in 6 months or Masters with equivalent experience in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Creative, proactive, bold and out-of-box thinking
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of operations research and mathematical optimization concepts is a must
- Working knowledge of Machine learning and Statistics (Mixed Models, Random Forest, Deep Learning, SVM, forecasting etc.)
- Experience and passion for solving analytical problems involving big data sets using quantitative approaches to generate insights from data
- 3+ years experience with commercial optimization software (i.e., CPLEX, Xpress, Gurobi etc)
- Strong business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains, and become conversant in the domain with subject matter experts
- Strong publication record in leading scientific journals
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and proven problem solving abilities
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, leading & influencing people at varying levels of responsibility.
- Proven ability to communicate complex qualitative analysis in clear, precise and actionable manner.
- Experience with object oriented programming (Java/C/C++) is highly desired
- Experience with discrete event simulation software (Arena, Simul8 etc)
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques is highly desired
- Expertise in probability theory, queuing theory, game theory is desirable
- A good understanding analysis of algorithms and computational complexity is desirable.
- Drive for translating business problems into research initiatives that deliver business value
- Creativity in defining challenging exploratory projects and developing solutions
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
Doing Great Things
Putting Military Skills to work:
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table.Learn More
Inclusion & Diversity
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.Learn More
Making a difference:
Giving is a natural part of what we do at Monsanto. As a company, we are committed to making lives better.Learn More