Monsanto is seeking highly a motivated individual to become an integral member of the soybean Germplasm and Discovery team. The Germplasm Breeder is responsible for the development of improved soybean lines with a focus on increasing useful genetic diversity to be used by our variety development breeders. Germplasm Breeders are responsible for the oversight and administration of a research program to include the operations of summer nurseries and planning of winter nurseries.
They will directly interact with variety development breeding, molecular breeding technology, and commercial organizations serving as a key member of the technology development pipeline. This role offers the opportunity to work with the world's largest global germplasm pool. They will also have the opportunity to incorporate the latest marker-assisted breeding tools to develop superior inbred lines.
• Oversee a breeding and testing program that will lead to the development of improved lines that contains useful ex-Monsanto genetic diversity.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of the product varieties in the region in order to provide input on the product development process.
• Ensure that the research team is trained and compliant with the Monsanto ESH safety policies to ensure safe operations of the research program.
• Recruitment, training, development and retention of research support personnel
• PhD in Plant Breeding, Genetics, Crop Science or related field of study
• Strong background in plant breeding, genetics, field plot technique and statistical analysis, molecular biology and molecular marker applications.
• Experience working with database applications, spreadsheet software, experimental design and statistics.
• Experience working with multidisciplinary teams.
Job ID: 00JLW
• Experience in soybean breeding.