Monsanto’s wheat breeding program develops high quality wheat varieties for all major market classes in the United States. This exceptional team utilizes state-of-the-art breeding methodologies and technologies to enhance performance, quality and disease resistance. We are currently seeking a highly motivated wheat data manager to provide essential data support to wheat breeding team. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, retrieving and querying all wheat related data in and outside of enterprise IT software systems. He/she will assist breeders and breeding leadership to organize, report and quality check all data associated with wheat variety advancement advancements and will work with Monsanto IT application development organization to communicate wheat specific needs.
· Data manager will work with breeders and Testing Coordinator to set-up all replicated field testing experiments in enterprise system.
· Work with Technology Pipeline Solutions application development and support organization to ensure that all wheat data management and IT needs are communicated.
· Become intimately familiar with all enterprise applications and seek out and integrate external tools from other row-crops that will benefit team processes and workflows.
· Maintain reference data and generate reports to assist in pipeline advancement process
· Provide essential data management roles as Inventory Import Authority and Centralized Coding Authority and work with commercial organization to manage product nomenclature
· Develop macros or other tools requested by breeding support to improve through-put, quality and cost-savings
· Responsible for querying database and producing adhoc reports at the request of breeders and breeding management
· Ability to document and communicate wheat operations and workflows with respect to IT management
· BS in Agronomy, Plant Breeding, Crop and Soil Sciences or computer science related field (MS preferred) +5 years experience working with agricultural field research data.
· Basic knowledge of relational and other database architectures and proficiency with SQL query tools
· Effective knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis principles
· Ability to work in cross-functional team setting and manage a multiple requests from a diverse group
· Effective organizational, time management and motivational skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Experience or knowledge of planting breeding concepts and processes
- VBA or other software development expertise
- Familiarity with Monsanto enterprise systems