This position is responsible for cultivating meaningful relationships with Canadian protected culture growers and entities across the Produce Chain (Packers, Shippers, Brokers and Retail) in Leamington, Ontario to facilitate the placement of commercial products, provide technical support, and delivering the De Ruiter brand experience. This role is accountable for the geography sales results of De Ruiter products.
• Manage a geographic territory to maximize the market share and sales potential of De Ruiter brand vegetable seeds.
• Cultivate relationships with local dealer reps and direct customers to drive demand
• Develop and implement a territory strategy leading to maximum De Ruiter brand penetration according to regionally approved crop business plans
• Cultivate relationships with key influencers within the territory including key customers, extension and media
• Track and report market data and information regarding acres, seed prices, competitive activities and trends as input for crop business plans
• Support product trialing plans in advance of commercial launch
• Work within allocated SG&A budget
• Collaborate with protected culture team members to proactively complete required forecasting activities with diligence and accuracy
• Treat safety as a top priority
- Bachelors Degree preferred in Business, Agriculture Business, Agronomy, Plant Science, Agriculture Economics or related field. Masters Degree preferred.
- Three years of professional sales/account management experience, one or more years of sales experience working in the agriculture industry preferred.
- Technical experience with climate controlled greenhouse based vegetable production and/or research (i.e. Seed Sales, Production, Product Development, Produce Sales, and/or other related).
- Experience effectively demonstrating self motivation, initiative, and assertiveness to challenge the status quo.
- Proven track record on successful negotiations, business development and business agreements drafting.
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Advanced computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, CRM, and others).
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment.
- Willingness to relocate.
- Trait, Seed, and Chemistry knowledge and experience in general agronomics, pest management, and plant physiology would be extremely beneficial.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds (a bag of seed). Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.