The Canola Manufacturing Lead has overall responsibility for Canola production, as well as the development and execution of the Canola supply plan. This position is part of the Canada Supply Chain Leadership Team.
This role has management accountability for two Canadian locations (Lethbridge Canola Processing facility and Cranbrook Canola Foundation site), as well as oversight of canola manufacturing operations in the Pacific Northwest and in Chile. The Canola Manufacturing Lead will oversee the daily operation of these locations ensuring the execution of the canola supply plan and operations. This will include the management of field operations, seed grower and toller relationships, as well as seed plant cleaning, blending & bulk storage operations.
- Lead all aspects of Canola seed production
- Oversee operation of Lethbridge Processing Facility,and Cranbrook Foundation Site
- Execution of the Canola Supply Plan, as developed by Canada Planning & Logistics Lead, and Canola Product Manager
- Manage the production grower relationships in southern Alberta & U.S.
- Ensure adherence to ESH programs at all Canola production locations
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for regulated and / or stewarded production
- Facilitate execution of quality (QA/QMS) programs at all Canola production locations
- Enable execution of cleaning and blending orders
- Facilitate movement of seed from growers to processing plant and / or tollers
- People management, including developing people and teams, setting direction for teams, empowering and holding employees accountable for delivering the expected results
- Close interaction with Breeding, Trait Integration,QA, Planning & Logistics
- Member of Canada Supply Chain Leadership Team and Canola Crop Team
Scope of the Job
As part of the Canada Supply Chain Leadership Team, the Canola Manufacturing Lead has direct responsibility for ensuring all activities are planned and implemented within established timelines and budgets. This role is accountable for the execution of the annual canola supply plan, management of annual capital budget, and leadership of approximately 35 individuals.
· US – North America Manufacturing Leadership
· Canada – Winnipeg Corporate Office, Canada Supply Chain, Canola Business Lead
· Industry Associations (CSTA, CSGA, Alberta Bee Keepers Assoc. etc.)
· Government (WCB, CFIA, etc)
- Minimum of 10 years management experience
- Minimum of 5 years seed production experience, preferably in canola
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing a Safety Program
- Previous experience in roles such as Seed Field and/or Plant Operations
- Experience in management of site construction and / or site expansions is an asset
- Familiarity with stewarded field production is an asset
- Familiarity with treating, packaging and warehousing operations is an asset
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Ag Business, Business, or similar area
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of safety and employment standards legislation
- Drive to complete tasks and projects, in spite of potential barriers and changing or uncertain conditions
- Strong leadership skills,including:
- Working well with a wide range of individuals to provide support, coaching, encouragement and direction
- Ability to enroll others in the vision, demonstrate enthusiasm for what needs to be achieved and inspire others to follow
This position will be required to work long hours during the production season, which may include weekends and holidays. Frequent travel is required. This role will be based out of Winnipeg or Lethbridge.