· As part of the Eastern Canada DEKALB Team measured by seed and trait P&L, responsible for selling branded seed and trait technologies to Eastern Canadian retails and farm customers
· Responsible for achieving territory Seed and Trait volume and cost targets as determined by the Eastern Canada Area Sales Manager
· Responsible for Seed and Trait retail business relationships within defined territory (inclusive of retail management and sales representatives)
· Work closely with DEKALB Agronomist to develop, communicate and implement annual and medium term business plans with retail accounts (including sales, operational, agronomic training, support and stewardship plans)
· Reconcile retail programs to achieve seed and trait sales / business team objectives
· Create seed and trait demand through development of local tactics and activities
· Effectively manage regional resources: SG&A, Area Marketing Funds, retail & product programs, sales tools, time, etc.
· Promote technology stewardship - communicating the importance of key messages, compliance.
· Work closely with IPP function to ensure territory compliance objectives are achieved
· Work closely with Product Management teams in forecasting current and out year territory seed requirements
· Provide input on seed and trait distribution decisions and seed product / volume allocation to Area Sales Manager
· Communicating opportunities / issues on Crop Protection side of business to Strategic Account Manager for resolution
· Meet organizational safety requirements.
· The DEKALB Account Manager position reports to the Eastern Canada Area Sales Manager.
· Company vehicle provided
Core Business / Functional Skills and Education:
-Bachelors Degree in Agriculture, Business or Marketing, or equivalent combination of skills and experience
-Bilingual in French / English languages (both oral and written) is a requirement
-Proven sales and relationship building skills
-Fundamental knowledge of seed, trait and crop protection business.
-Proven agronomic knowledge of seed and trait business.
-Understanding of business principles and business planning.
-Creative and can adapt to change.
-Excellent PC skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
-Demonstrated leadership and team skills.
-Strong communication and planning skills.